Our community has been through a lot over the last year, and while many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
The COVID-19 pandemic has created a very challenging time for all of us. Please rest assured knowing that we continue to make your health and safety our top priorit
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are designed to ensure your health and safety. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario (RCDSO), Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) and Public Health Ontario(PHO) Occupational Health and Safely. We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We continue to train our dental team to do all that we can to minimize the risk of COVID- 19 for everyone. Please be assured that we will be taking care of you just as well as we will be taking care of our own families.
- Prior to your appointment, our office will communicate with you to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- You will be asked to present to our office wearing a facemask. We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- When you arrive at your scheduled appointment time, please call the office. Please wait in your car outside the office.
- We will go through a screening process with you over the phone.
- After reviewing your screening, you will be advised when you can enter the office, at which time you may have your temperature taken.
- Any patient showing signs of symptoms of illness will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
- Only scheduled patients will be allowed entry into the office.
- Parents and other family members will be asked to wait outside whenever possible.
- There will be no physical contact with patients with the exception of treatment.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- We ask that you continue to practice social distancing measures in common areas of the office.
Checking out after your appointment
- You may notice that clear Plexiglas panels have been placed at the reception desk to protect against droplet transmission.
- After every transaction, the reception desk, including all counters and surfaces will be disinfected.
- Antibacterial hand rub will be available at the front desk.
Throughout the day, in addition to enhanced air purification, we will continue to:
- Clean and disinfect high touch surfaces including handles and switches.
We are profoundly aware of our shared responsibility to continue to utilize measures to protect the health and well-being of our patients and staff, while helping to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.We are proceeding with an abundance of caution, and we want you to feel as confident as we do that any visit you make to our office will be a safe one.
We look forward to seeing you soon!